1. Project management of water modelling contracts
- Preparation of Modelling Policy Statements (MPS)
- Provide assistance in assessing the modelling
methodology of the consultants proposals
- Negotiate the MPS contents with the successful tenderers
- Project manage the MPS process until the final reports
are received and accepted
- Sign off the final MPS and certify with the Consultant
2. Development of Modelling Policy Statements
Develop a Modelling Policy Statement process that over-arches the modelling component of the work to ensure the work complies with the contract and Flood Mapping Service. The key measurement of success for the MPS is to guarantee that the work is:
- Follows good modelling practice
- Understanding of roles and responsibilities
- Follows specified outputs
- The models are future-proofed
- Transparency of data, outputs and parameters
3. Hydraulic modelling courses
In-house, on-demand courses are available that can be customized. These course can be available in most countries. These include
- HEC-HMS Modelling with TP108
- HEC-RAS Modelling
- Peer Reviewing Hydraulic Models
- Hydraulic Modelling for Graduates
- Hydraulic Modelling for Project Managers
4. Consultancy advice and model builds
No project is too big or too small. From small stormwater one-section management plan to large networks and catchments. Our services can deal with
- Stormwater network design and management plans
- Design of weirs and culvert structures
- Wastewater network design
- Water reticulation analysis and design
- Full subdivision design
5. Peer reviews
We have undertaken numerous peer reviews. Our reviews have a thorough methodology
- Review of the model calibration event and baseline design storm flows
- Review definition / resolution of channel geometry
- Review of model rating curves
- Margin of error in baseline flood levels
- Are the parameter assumptions reasonable?
- Is the rainfall data correct and properly applied?
- Is the continuity of the model reasonable?
- How sensitive is the model to un-calibrated parameters?
- Do the hydraulic structures behave as expected by field measurements?
- Are there any shortcuts in the model that might affect the results?